(click on picture for larger image)
Detail of Bridge Pins
This instrument was designed in collaboration
with Robert Force and Albert d'Ossché to represent the best features
of their personal instruments which they developed to complement in sound and appearance their contemporary
stand-up dulcimer style. This six string dulcimer is equally at home
played in the traditional lap style where its distinctly rich, full
sound will enhance any type of music. Due to the doubled strings this
dulcimer is loud and has great presence; it works well as a chording
backup instrument in addition to its unique sound as a lead instrument.
The Force-d'Ossché is crafted
with walnut back and sides; (curly maple or rosewood is available for
an additional charge). A Western
red cedar top is standard and Sitka spruce is available as an option.
The use of bridge pins for the string attachment, a feature of the instruments crafted by Al d'Ossché was adapted into our design, enabling the player to use ball end strings without causing damage to the tail of the instrument. We use rosewood bridge pins with mother of pearl inlay to complement the fingerboard overlay.
- Bookmatched back and sides of walnut
- Bookmatched Western red cedar top with black-white-black
- Satin lacquer finish
- Honduras mahogany fingerboard, rosewood overlay
- Mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays
- Bone nut and saddle
- Scale length 26 1/4"
- Overall length 36 1/2"
- Overall height 2 3/4"
- Width 7 1/4"
- Depth of body 2 1/8"
- Width of fingerboard 1 1/2"
- Sitka Spruce top - $50.00
- Curly Maple back and sides - $100.00
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides - $350.00
- Gold mini tuners - $55.00
- Additional options: see Custom Options
[To view the one of a kind Force-d'Ossche Special, click here]